How do I disable pop-up blockers?
How To Disable Your Pop-Up Blocker
Some functions in the portal require pop-ups. You may need to disable pop-up blockers.
Pop-up blockers keep your computer safe from pop-ups you find annoying or dangerous from invading your computer. However, they also block pop-ups that you may want or need to use as is the case for enrolling in benefits in the employee portal. Because of this, it is necessary to know how to disable pop-up blockers. Most pop-up blockers are built into the browser you use
for internet purposes. These browser settings are all a bit different from one another, so find the browser you’re using for your computer and follow the steps outlined and you’ll be on your way.
When you follow the steps below the system will ask you if you want to unblock pop-ups for this site only; say YES and you will unblock pop-ups only for the Advanstaff Employee Portal.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools button.
- Click on “Pop-up Blocker.”
- Click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker to disable the functionality.
- If you want to choose which websites to allow and still keep the blocker functionality, click “Pop-up Blocker Settings” instead. Write down a list of websites you don’t want Internet Explorer to automatically block. If you want to choose which websites to allow and still keep the blocker functionality, under the Pop-ups section, choose “Manage exceptions” instead. Write down a list of websites you don’t want IE to automatically block.
- Open the Firefox menu after opening the browser.
- Select “Preferences.”
- Navigate to the Content tab.
- On the first option, uncheck the “Block pop-up windows” box. This will disable the popup blocker function. If you want to choose which websites to allow and still keep the blocker functionality, to the right, choose “exceptions” instead. Write down a list of websites you don’t want Firefox to automatically block.
- Access the Google Chrome menu on the toolbar. The menu on the toolbar is at the top right of your browser.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Find “Show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page and click it.
- Under “Privacy,” click on “Content settings.
- In the “Pop-ups” section, choose “Allow all sites to show pop-ups.”
Safari – MAC
- Open a Safari browser and click on the Safari dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Preferences.”
- Once in Preferences, go to the Security tab.
- Uncheck the option “Block pop-up windows” to disable the functionality.
You cannot manage exceptions in Safari. You either block all websites from displaying popups or none at all.
For any of these browsers, if you are unsuccessful after following these directions, please open a support ticket, we will try to help.