Search The Help Center
Employee Info Center
Manager Info Center
Protect Your Furry Family Members
Now more than ever, pets are playing a significant role in our lives and it is important to keep them safe and healthy. Help make sure your furry family members are protected in case of an accident or illness with Pet Insurance offered by MetLife & Nationwide Insurance.
Veterinary Pet Insurance provides coverage for veterinary expenses related to accidents and illnesses. Policies are available for dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and other exotic pets.
Taking your pet to the veterinarian can be very costly. By having a Pet Insurance policy in effect, you are able to minimize some of the medical costs associated with those visits and treatments. No medical review is required to insure your pet which will come in handy for certain veterinary visits, especially emergency treatments and costly operations.
Choose from three levels of reimbursement, 70% or 50%.
Optional wellness coverage is also available for dogs and cats, providing reimbursement for the preventive care necessary to keep them healthy year after year.
Common Questions & FAQs
- Select the coverage that’s best for your pet and enroll
- When an unexpected accident or Illness occurs, take your pet to the vet
- Pay the bill
- Send your claim + bill to us via our online portal, email, fax or mail
- Receive reimsbursement
Once you enroll, AdvanStaff HR will conveniently deduct the pet coverage premiums from your monthly paycheck saving you the hassle of sending payment each month to Nationwide.
The rates given will include your group discount.
During enrollment, you will be asked for the following information:
- Home or primary telephone number
- E-mail address
- Name of your pet
- Pet’s species (canine, feline, etc.)
- Pet’s date of birth
- Pet’s sex
- Pet’s breed
- Pet’s color
- Medical questions about pet’s current and past health, medications and date of last veterinary visit
- Preferred animal hospital (note: policyholders are free to use any veterinarian)
- Payment information/plan*
Applications approved between the 1st and the 15th of the month become effective on the 1st of the following month.
Applications approved from the 16th through the end of the month become effective on the 1st of not the following month, but the month thereafter.
May 1 approval = June 1 effective date
May 16 approval = July 1 effective date
Pet Insurance coverage options have several unique benefits
- Flexible product offerings with straightforward pricing and deductible savings
- Quick 3-step enrollment and hassle-free claims experience
- Among the shortest wait periods in the industry, and dogs and cats of all ages and breeds are covered
- Multichannel support options
- Coverage ranges from accidental injuries and illnesses, surgeries and hospital stays, to hip dysplasia, chronic conditions like cancer, alternative therapies like acupuncture, and much more
Upon enrollment, Nationwide will send you the plan documentation and benefit statements directly to your designated mailing address.