Veterinary Pet Insurance®/Nationwide® provides coverage for veterinary expenses related to accidents and illnesses. Policies are available for dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and other exotic pets.
Optional wellness coverage is also available for dogs and cats, providing reimbursement for the preventive care necessary to keep them healthy year after year.
Choose from two easy ways to sign up:
OR, Call: 800-872-7387
Once you enroll, AdvanStaff HR will conveniently deduct the pet coverage premiums from your monthly paycheck saving you the hassle of sending payment each month to Nationwide.
The rates given will include your group discount.
Upon enrollment, Nationwide will send you the plan documentation and benefit statements directly to your designated mailing address.
During enrollment, you will be asked for the following information:
- Home or primary telephone number
- E-mail address
- Name of your pet
- Pet’s species (canine, feline, etc.)
- Pet’s date of birth
- Pet’s sex
- Pet’s breed
- Pet’s color
- Medical questions about pet’s current and past health, medications and date of last veterinary visit
- Preferred animal hospital (note: policyholders are free to use any veterinarian)
- Payment information/plan*
* Applications approved between the 1st and the 15th of the month become effective on the 1st of the following month.
* Applications approved from the 16th through the end of the month become effective on the 1st of not the following month, but the month thereafter.
Example: May 1 approval = June 1 effective date
May 16 approval = July 1 effective date