New Compliance Requirements for Federal Contractors
Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) Certification
Starting in 2022, federal contractors and subcontractors who hold a contract of at least $50,000 and have 50 or more employees will need to provide certification of their AAPs to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) via the AAP-VI portal.
Important reporting dates for contractors:
- February 1, 2022 – Contractors may begin registering for access to the portal. OFCCP will send an email to each covered federal contractor in its jurisdiction whose email information is available in its system inviting them to register.
- March 31, 2022 – Contractors will be able to start utilizing the portal to certify their AAP compliance.
- June 30, 2022 – Deadline for existing contractors to submit their certification.
New contractors who have 120 days to develop their AAPs must register and certify compliance in the portal within 90 days of developing their AAPs.
Contractors should be prepared to complete the registration and certification process by next year.
To register, you will need:
- Your EIN number,
- Headquarter/Company Number
- Establishment/Unit Number from the EEO-1 Reports.
Contractors are permitted to have multiple users registered for the Contractor Portal, so you should determine who those users will be and if any back-ups are needed.